Terms and conditions of use wefox Insurance App & wefox Insurance Serviceportal
wefox Insurance AG Niederlassung Deutschland („wefox Insurance “)
Am Karlsbad 16
Charlottenburg HRB 230974 B active as an online provider of insurance products. Supporting its services for arranging and managing your insurance contracts, wefox Insurance offers you a mobile application (“wefox Insurance App”) as well as the website www.wefox.com/en-de (“wefox Insurance Serviceportal”).
With the wefox Insurance App and wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you can
- Directly stipulate insurance contracts with wefox Insurance,
- Manage your existing insurance contracts,
- Submit claims online,
- Seek advice on our products,
- Obtain information on your existing insurance contracts or
- When necessary, stipulate further insurance contracts with wefox Insurance directly online.
- By downloading the wefox Insurance App or registering for the first time with the wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you enter in a User Agreement between yourself and wefox Insurance with regard to the Use of the wefox Insurance App and the wefox Insurance Serviceportal respectively.
- The use of the wefox Insurance App or the wefox Insurance Serviceportal takes place independently from your existing insurance cover.These Terms and Conditions of Use shall govern the execution of your contractual relationship with wefox Insurance as a software user of the wefox Insurance App or the wefox Insurance Serviceportal from the time of your first registration.
- These current Terms and conditions of use, as well as wefox Insurance’s Confidentiality Policy are available at any time at www.wefox.com/en-de/privacy
- If you use the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you may also use services from other providers (e.g. network providers, mobile operators, etc.). The use of third-party services is subject to their own terms and conditions of use.
- wefox Insurance App & wefox Insurance Serviceportal
- In order to use the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you must first register via wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Service Portal and set up a user account.
- You agree to use the services offered through wefox Insurance App and the wefox Insurance Serviceportal for the intended purposes only. Any use which is not in compliance with legal and regulatory provisions may lead to the withdrawal of the rights of use.
- You must not, whether in whole or in part, modify, edit, copy, license, link with other software, integrate with other software, integrate into your own services, or elsewhere or otherwise exploit, or place any links to any website operated by wefox Insurance without wefox Insurance’s prior written authorisation.
- You are responsible for the secure storage of your access details (login, password, etc.) for your user account. With respect to wefox Insurance, any action taken with your access data shall be deemed to have been taken by you. Therefore, we recommend keeping your access data confidential. In any case of suspected misuse, you must notify us immediately.
- wefox Insurance may, at any time and without prior notice, update the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal and shall be entitled to modify or discontinue the services offered at any time.
- All content displayed in the wefox Insurance App and wefox Insurance Serviceportal, such as text, graphics, logos, images, etc., is protected by property law and is the property of wefox Insurance, of its licensed users or other third parties. Usage, the business relationship, as well as your use of the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal, do not provide you with any rights whatsoever.
- wefox Insurance and, as necessary, any third party carrying out services, are compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- wefox Insurance is obliged to comply with all data protection requirements related to the operation of wefox Insurance App and wefox Insurance Serviceportal.
- Obligation to cooperate
- As a user of the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you are obliged to provide your user details in a truthful manner. As an insurer, wefox Insurance offers insurance coverage based on trust with respect to the accuracy of the information provided by you. Any incorrect information provided may result in the termination of the insurance contract.
- wefox Insurance App and the wefox Insurance Serviceportal are to be used for the intended purposes for the conclusion of insurance contracts with wefox Insurance, the management of your insurance contracts and the use of the services offered.
- wefox Insurance’s liability, under these Terms and Conditions of Use, shall be limited to intent and gross negligence, as well as damage to health.
- wefox Insurance shall make every effort to make the wefox Insurance App and wefox Insurance Serviceportal as accessible as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to reach the wefox Insurance app or wefox Insurance service portal at all times. wefox Insurance cannot accept any liability for any interference with the App or the user portal due to reasons beyond our control, such as any failure of telecommunications connections.
- If, due to a failure of the telecommunications system, a delay in the submission of time sensitive contractual acts should occur (e.g. damage report or cancellation of an insurance contract), the date of submission shall apply. Should a submission via the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal be impossible due to any malfunction, contractual actions may also be made in writing or by telephone, In the event of a contractual action taking place by telephone, the date of the note in the file shall be deemed to be legally binding. In this case, you shall be assigned a transaction number. In any subsequent correspondence or e-mail traffic, you are requested to provide or confirm the transaction number.
- wefox Insurance always strives to be up-to-date and accurate with regard to all the information transmitted. Insofar as information is provided by third parties, no representation or guarantee can be provided as to whether it is up-to-date, accurate, reliable or complete. wefox Insurance accepts no responsibility or liability for content offered by third parties, even where accessible or retrievable via the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal (e.g. through links to other websites).
- In particular, in relation to electronic data processing, external service providers – for example, server providers – may be contracted. Details can be found in the Confidentiality Policy at: www.wefox.com/en-de/privacy wefox Insurance is liable for the failures of any contracted service providers as it is for any of its own.
- Communication and Contract Stipulation
- Communication between yourself and wefox Insurance AG Niederlassung Deutschland can take place via wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal at www.wefox.com/en-de as well as through other means of communication (telephone, E-mail, Fax, etc.).
- By registering with the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal, you give your consent to electronic communication with wefox Insurance.
- You agree that, in the context of the use of the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal electronic communication and your sign pad signature – unless otherwise required by law – shall be deemed equivalent to the written form, and respectively to a handwritten signature.
- wefox Insurance may send you, at any time, messages to your internal mailbox in the wefox Insurance app or with wefox Insurance Serviceportal.
- Right to information
- wefox Insurance only stores data entered by yourself or transmitted or collected by third parties on your behalf.
- You have the right, at any time, to free information and transmission of your data stored in the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Service Portal, in relation to the locations in which your data was processed - as well as in which your data is stored. In order to do so, please contact us by post (wefox Insurance AG Niederlassung Deutschland, Urbanstraße 71, 10967 Berlin, Germany) or send us a short email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of cancellation
- You can cancel the User agreement at any time and request wefox Insurance to block your user account free of charge and with immediate effect. A cancellation has no effect on the existing insurance coverage.
- In order to exercise your right of cancellation, you may contact us at any time by post or sending a short e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- In the event of cancellation, your data shall be retained until the end of the statutory retention periods, after which it shall be irretrievably deleted – unless it is needed to fulfil existing insurance contracts.
- Detailed information on data processing when using the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal can be found at: www.wefox.com/en-de/privacy/
- Template for a cancellation request: Towefox Insurance AG Niederlassung Deutschland,
Am Karlsbad 16
I/we (*) hereby cancel the User agreement entered into by me/us (*) from [date]. Name of user(s) Address of user(s) [date]Signature of user(s) (for communication on paper only) (*) Please delete whichever is not appropriate
- All existing insurance contracts shall not be affected when you cancel your User agreement for the wefox Insurance App or wefox Insurance Serviceportal. The cancellation must be addressed to wefox Insurance at the address indicated above.
- Term of the Contract
- You may terminate your wefox Insurance User Agreement with immediate effect at any time, free of charge, without having to provide any reasons.
- wefox Insurance may terminate, with immediate effect, your User Agreement in the event of a breach of statutory or regulatory provisions or of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- In the event of termination, your user account shall be suspended. The data provided by you will then only be available for the further processing of your existing insurance contracts. Should a termination take place without any existing insurance contracts, the data entered by you will be blocked from further processing and shall be irretrievably deleted after the end of the statutory retention periods.
In our disclosure, you can inform yourself about the course of the business over the periods. It contains information about the economic key figures.
Should individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions become invalid or void, they shall be replaced by provisions which comply with the meaning and purpose of these Terms and Conditions of Use and with legal and regulatory requirements.